The Kitchen department is looking for a Sous Chef to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Executive Head Chef in the design and preparation of all menus
- Managing the kitchen in Executive Head Chefs absence
- Ensuring that all kitchen stations deliver to the required standard with the support of the Head Chef
- Ensuring that Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Fire Prevention regulations are adhered to
- Assisting in food ordering, purchasing and rotating
- Training staff
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
The ideal candidate should:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 4 or 5 star Hotel or fine dining restaurant
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Sound awareness of menu planning and development
- Communicate effectively in English
- Be eligible to work in the UK
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection Benefits:
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection and The Travel Corporation
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and has featured for five years in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and in the top ten for the last three years. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential! We are also proud to be recognized with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first company to gain this award on a worldwide basis and retained it for ten years.